Page Templates provide an elegant templating mechanism that achieves a clean separation of presentation and application logic while allowing for designers to work with templates in their visual editing tools (FrontPage, Dreamweaver, GoLive, etc.).
This is the documentation for the page template languages, including TAL and METAL.
For detailed documentation, see https://pagetemplates.readthedocs.io
These documents are a reference to Zope Page Templates standards: Template Attribute Language (TAL), TAL Expression Syntax (TALES), and Macro Expansion TAL (METAL). It also describes some ZPT-specific behaviors that are not part of the standards.
- TAL Reference
- attributes: Replace element attributes
- condition: Conditionally insert or remove an element
- content: Replace the content of an element
- define: Define variables
- omit-tag: Remove an element, leaving its contents
- on-error: Handle errors
- repeat: Repeat an element
- replace: Replace an element
- TALES Reference
- METAL Reference
These documents are from the wiki site where ZPT was originally developed. They are preserved here for historical context.
- TAL Specification Version 1.0
- TAL Specification Version 1.2
- TAL Specification Version 1.4
- TALES Specification Version 1.0
- TALES Specification Version 1.2
- TALES Specification Version 1.3
- METAL Specification Version 1.0
- METAL Specification Version 1.1
- Historical Change Log for TAL, Page Templates, and ZTUtils